When you join the Chamber, you are investing in both your business and our community. Members of the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce are exposed to a myriad of benefits specifically-designed to help make your business successful.
Chambers are known for hosting events to allow networking opportunities for their members. The Savannah Area Chamber is no exception! While we are currently taking extra precautions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are hosting some virtual events and in-person events with the necessary safety precautions to provide engagement for our members. Please note that a few of our larger in-person events may be suspended, but we are thinking outside the box for our members to make those important contacts. See the full event calendar here.
Council Meetings and Special Programs
This year, the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce plans to host some of our most popular special programs like our Economic Outlook Luncheon, Power Hour Luncheons, Military Appreciation Luncheon, Military Update Luncheon, Eggs & Issues Legislative Breakfast, and our Annual Meeting. Of course, COVID-19 safety precautions will be followed at all Chamber events. See the full event calendar here.
All Chamber members are featured in the member directory and receive a member profile on the Chamber website. This member profile allows members to include:
- Up to six images
- One YouTube video
- A description of the business
- Contact information
- The ability to offer discounts as well as links to their website and social channels
We provide our members with a tool, called the member extranet that allows you to:
- view your account 24/7
- pay invoices online
- upload information (photos, descriptions, social media) for your member page on our website
- access to our Member Post Board to announce events, programs, classes, etc. to your peers
- provides a listing of our incoming conventions
- access to the member director
Click here for member extranet training videos.
Sponsorships & Advertising
We support our members by providing exclusive sponsorships and advertising opportunities through our events, publications and social media channels. We can also help publicize ribbon cuttings, grand openings and milestone business anniversaries.
We send weekly e-newsletters which provide members with up-to-date information on upcoming events, new members, planned ribbon cuttings/grand openings, changes in legislation and other important information.
We serve as the “voice of business” at all levels – local, state and federal. We speak for and represent the interests of area businesses and educate members on the government issues that may affect them. Learn more about our Public Policy efforts here.
Insurance Discount Programs
Chamber members are also given access to exclusive insurance discount programs provided through insurance members.
Chamber Councils are dedicated to areas of importance to our members and community. Some of them include: Leadership Savannah, Ambassadors, Tour & Travel, Public Relations and Small Business. Click here for more information about councils.
The Relocation Guide has a readership of 45,000 with 15,000 printed copies and an electronic version on the Chamber website. This guide offers newcomers information they need when planning a move to our area. Members such as financial institutions, real estate partners, moving & storage, healthcare and education are listed in this guide.
The Economic Trends Booklet gives an economic breakdown of our region and details our various economic drivers, including tourism, manufacturing, military, etc. Available upon request.
Hospitality Member Benefits
Hospitality members of the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce also have exclusive access to Visit Savannah’s wide array of marketing opportunities. These include:
- VisitSavannah.com: Each hospitality member automatically receives a member profile page on VisitSavannah.com which receives an average of 560,000 pageviews per month and over 6.7 million page views annually. Each member profile can include:
- Up to 12 images, including one You Tube Video
- A description of the business
- Links to social media accounts
- Hospitality members can use the member extranet to:
- View incoming conventions
- Post and promote events to visitors
- Offer discounts to visitors and/or peers
- Access to our Member Post Board to announce programs, classes, etc. to your peers
- View the account 24/7
- Pay invoices online
- The Official Savannah Insider’s Guide: Visit Savannah prints 550K copies of the Insider’s Guide AND posts an electronic version on VisitSavannah.com. All hospitality members are included in this 18-month publication and have access to exclusive advertising opportunities within the guide. The deadline for inclusion in the guide for 2020 is first quarter 2021.
- Visitor Information Center: Depending on the type of business, some members may place approved rack cards in our visitor information centers on MLK and River Street as well as the visitor center inside of the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport. Some members may also qualify to place brochures at the visitor centers on I-95 or Tybee Island. These centers welcome 5 million visitors annually.
- Show Us Your Badge/Film Perks Pass Program: Hospitality members have the opportunity to participate in this free program that offers discounts to convention attendees, film crews and other visitors on extended stays in Savannah. Learn more about the Show Us Your Badge program here. Learn more about the Film Perks Pass here.
- Visit Savannah Advertising: Other paid advertising opportunities include Visit Savannah’s monthly e-newsletters, Visit Savannah TV, website promotion and more. Learn more about advertising with Visit Savannah by contacting Jerod Fuchs at JFuchs@VisitSavannah.com or 941.342.2347.