Chamber Announces Selectees for 2019-2020 Leadership Savannah Class
The Savannah Area Chamber Leadership Savannah selections committee has chosen 45 current and potential leaders in the community to make up its 2019-2020 class. These professionals are active in business, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations. Leadership Savannah strives to select candidates who reflect the diversity of Savannah’s economy.
The 2019-2020 class is:
- Shay Bowen — Bouhan Falligant
- Louann Bronstein — Hunter Maclean
- Emily Butler — Center of Innovation for Logistics
- Brea Cali — Andraka Cali
- Jimmie Cave — Savannah-Chatham County Public School System
- Tanya Chisholm — Georgia Ports Authority
- Cheri Dean — Park Place Outreach, Inc.
- Yash Desai — Stature Investments
- Ed DiTommaso — Goodwyn, Mills, and Cawood
- Larry Evans — Oliver Maner, LLP
- Brendan Ferrara — EmployAbility
- Mary Catherine Finnerty — Hussey Gay Bell
- Roxanne Formey — Magistrate Court of Chatham County
- John Garceau — Thomas & Hutton
- Will Gruver — Jan-Pro of the South Carolina/GA Coast
- Jeffrey Hadley — Chatham County Police Department
- Wesley Hester — JCB, Inc.
- Whitney Holt — Gulfstream Aerospace
- Melissa Jackson — 3DE Schools
- Kerry Jarvis — Georgia Tech – Savannah
- Jay Jones — Chatham County Government
- Ben Lockhart — EMC Engineering Services, Inc.
- Chassidy Malloy — Historic Savannah Foundation
- Keri Martin — Weiner Shearouse
- Kristin Massee — Ellis, Painter, Ratterree & Adams, LLP
- Tomeca McPherson — McPherson, Hall & Associates, LLC
- Roy Minter — Savannah Police Department
- Tyler Mouchet — Colliers International-Savannah
- Di Mydell — Comcast Cable
- Jana Newland — South State Bank
- Daniel Nunn — Choate Construction Company
- Brandon O’Ree — Five Star Senior Living
- Paul Painter — Bowen Painter, LLC
- Kim Rhodes — Savannah-Chatham Board of Education
- Josh Rine — Union Mission, Inc.
- Hollis Rish — Georgia Power Company
- Victoria Saxon — Small Business Assistance Corporation
- Joe Shearouse — City of Savannah, Office of the City Manager
- Lavetris Singleton — Savannah State University
- Tiffany Stewart — Chatham Emergency Services
- Marcus Thompson — Hargray Fiber
- Robert Wells — Savannah Sports Council
- Adot Whitely — Vernon Donovan State Farm
- Mallary Whitten — The Alida Hotel
- Chelsea Williams — Live Oak Restaurant Group
The Leadership Savannah program is a one-year commitment designed to enrich the leadership skills of its class. By the end of the course, graduates will be prepared to meet the challenges of the Savannah of the present and future. Class members will attend monthly interactive sessions lead by top community experts in their field beginning in September and concluding in June 2020 with a graduation ceremony.
By the conclusion of the program, participants will have a better understanding of their individual leadership styles, and a deeper knowledge of the community and how it fits into the regional, state, national and global economy. They will also have identified major challenges facing the Savannah area, build relationships with other class members and community leaders, and developed a deep commitment to making the community a better place to live and work.
For media assistance, contact Summer Bozeman, communications manager, at SBozeman@VisitSavannah.com or 912-644-6429.
# # #
The Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce is a business organization managed by a volunteer board of directors. The Chamber encompasses Visit Savannah, Ambassadors Council, the CEO Council, Savannah Sports Council, Governmental Affairs Council, LaunchSAVANNAH, Leadership Savannah, Manufacturers and Distributors Council, Military Affairs Council, Owner’s Council, Public Relations Council, Savannah Compact Education Council, Small Business Council, Trustees Council and Visit Tybee.