NEWS

Published on: Feb. 14, 2022
Visit Savannah and Partners Meet with St. Andrews School Freshman Class

Leadership with Visit Savannah and Savannah Kelley Tours teamed up to present the tourism and hospitality industry as future career and job considerations to a group of 35 first-year students at St. Andrews School on Wilmington Island. The group experienced a tour of the Historic District and behind-the-scenes tours of the operations at the Savannah Convention Center and the J.W. Marriott at Plant Riverside District. After a full day of touring and discussions about the benefits of careers in hospitality and tourism, students were asked to share what they learned from the day and why, or why not, they would consider jobs in hospitality. More than 60 percent indicated that they would for various reasons, including working with people, perks like travel and industry discounts, and the opportunity to showcase the city in which they live. The other 40 percent indicated that they enjoyed the day and learned a lot but had interests in different fields such as engineering, nursing, and finance.

SHARE
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Privacy Policy | GDPR FAQ
GOT IT!