Published on: Mar. 13, 2020
Southern Living Names Savannah a “South’s Best” City Again in 2020
Southern Living’s 2020 “South’s Best” awards are out and Savannah has held onto its place at No. 2 on the list of “South’s Best Cities”! Big applause to everyone in the community who makes Savannah one of the best places to live, work and visit in the country. And even bigerg thanks to everyone who filled out the survey as often as possible during the voting period! In addition to being one of the top two “South’s Best” cities, Savannah walked away with an entire list of exciting accolades, including some for our local partners and friends.
- Tybee Island nears the top of the list of the South’s Best Beach Towns
- Our Thomas Square Streetcar District was voted the No. 1 Neighborhood in the South
- Landmark dining destination The Grey is Best Local Favorite Restaurant in the South
- E. Shaver, Bookseller was named the No. 1 Bookstore in the South
- Alley Cat Lounge was voted the Best Bar in the South
- Our own Wiley’s Championship BBQ took the top spot as Georgia’s Best BBQ Joint
- Perry Lane is the No. 2 Best New Hotel
- Isle of Hope makes the list of the South’s Best Small Towns
- We have three shopping destinations on the list of the South’s Best Boutiques: The Paris Market at No. 2, ShopSCAD at No. 6 and PW Short General Store at No. 9
- And Savannah also made a good showing as No. 5 of 10 on the list of the South’s Best College Towns
Congratulations to all the businesses who received recognition, and thank you again for voting! Keep your eyes open for the next chance you have to help Savannah win another accolade.
CATEGORY:Visit Savannah News