The Visitor Center’s First Impression Specialists recently had their staff meeting at the Harper- Fowlkes House. They were treated to a tour of the beautiful Greek Revival home built by architect Charles Blaney Cluskey in 1843. Betty Saylor- Youles, the site administrator, explained that the property is managed by Coastal Heritage Society.
Visitor Center staffers were given a room-by-room tour of the architectural details by volunteer docents Cathy Conway, Laurie Bailey, and Martha Black. The home was purchased by preservationist Alida Harper Fowlkes in 1939, and upon her death willed to The Society of the Cincinnati in Georgia.
The Harper- Fowlkes House is open Mon., Wed., and Sat. 10am to 3pm.
The visitor center staff thanks Richard Kack from the historic home for arranging the tour.