The Savannah Sports Council recently announced a campaign to gather sponsors for upcoming events in 2017 and 2018. Event Sponsorship opportunities are available for companies large and small, giving access to both participants and spectators as well as exposure in local and regional media outlets. Sponsorship opportunities include the following events:
- The Georgia Power Golf Classic & Sports Awards Luncheon | September 26/28, 2017: An awards banquet and golf outing honoring local athletes and teams for their accomplishments in sports throughout the past year.
- The Savannah Basketball Invitational | November 21-25, 2017: A pre-season collegiate basketball event, featuring six women’s and four men’s NCAA Division 1 teams from around the country.
- The Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run | December 2, 2017: A 5K/10K with over 4,500 runners that take on the challenge of running over Talmadge Bridge.
- The Savannah Tire Hockey Classic | January 12-13, 2018: A collegiate hockey tournament featuring four of the south’s biggest rivals (UGA, Ga Tech, FSU and Florida), drawing over 10,000 spectators in two nights.
- The Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5K | April 7, 2018: A half marathon/5K with over 2,400 female participants and a course through some of Savannah’s most scenic parks, streets and squares.
The Sports Council also offers a corporate sponsorship option for those companies interested in supporting its mission of creating and attracting sports-related events to the community. Corporate partners will receive sponsorship to all five Sports Council events and additional benefits for their sponsorship of $10,000. Special benefits include preferred access to the Sport’s Council’s Savannah Bananas season tickets, golf outing invites and other VIP ticket opportunities. All employees of corporate partners will also receive discounted access to each event, social media mentions and logo placement on the homepage of the Savannah Sports Council website.
For more information about event and corporate sponsorships, please contact Ben Wilder at BWilder@VisitSavannah.com/912.644.6414 or Jonathan Sykes at JSykes@VisitSavannah.com/912.644.6452.