The Savannah Sports Council hosted its annual Georgia Power Classic and Sports Awards Luncheon at the Savannah Golf Club on Monday, Sept. 21 and Wednesday, September 23, respectively.
The Georgia Power Classic gave participants a chance to play at one of the most exclusive clubs in Savannah, The Savannah Golf Club.
The annual Georgia Power Sports Awards Luncheon, a fundraiser banquet honoring local athletes and partners that have excelled at their given sport or business, took place Sept. 23. The program included a “Top Moments in Sports” video and award presentations, featuring the John F. Hodges O.A.S.I.S. award, given to an individual who has shown outstanding achievement in sports in Savannah. This year’s award recipients include:
John F. Hodges O.A.S.I.S. Award
- Dale Parker, Savannah Country Day School, former women’s basketball coach
Sports Event of the Year
- Savannah Mile
- Armstrong State University, women’s tennis
- Benedictine Military School, varsity football
- Jenkins High School, varsity men’s basketball
- Memorial Day School, varsity football
- SCAD Athletics, women’s lacrosse
- SCAD Athletics, equestrian
- Taylor Deloach, St. Vincent’s Academy