At a press conference this morning, Allegiant announced five new nonstop routes to the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV). “Savannah is a beautiful city with a lot to offer visitors, including good restaurants, historical sites, family attractions and more,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant vice president of planning and revenue. “These new routes will give even more people the opportunity to enjoy its rich culture.”
Visit Savannah’s president Joseph Marinelli stated that the organization and the community are pleased with the additional five flights. “We are extremely grateful to Allegiant for their commitment to the Savannah marketplace,” he said. “They now are providing service from 20 cities around the country that present opportunities to bring new visitors to our destination: visitors who will provide increased spending in our community, which in turn provides more jobs, and also visitors who will ultimately buy homes here, go to school here and maybe even relocate or open a business here. Allegiant is a strong economic development partner and we welcome the visitors that they will bring to the area.”
The new seasonal routes to Savannah International Airport (SAV) include:
- Belleville, Illinois via MidAmerica St. Louis Airport (BLV) – beginning June 6, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.
- Houston, Texas via William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) – beginning May 28, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $33.
- Chicago, Illinois via Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) – beginning May 21, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $33.
- Punta Gorda, Florida via Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) – beginning June 6, 2020 with fares as low as $44.
- Hudson Valley, New York via New York Stewart International Airport (SWF) – beginning May 20, 2020 with fares as low as $55.
The new nonstop routes will operate twice-weekly, bringing thousands of passengers to the Savannah area, contributing to visitor spending in the local economy. Flight days, times and the lowest fares can be found only at Allegiant.com.