The Savannah Chatham County Public School System has begun a Million Book campaign, initiated by Superintendent Dr. Ann Levett. As part of the Balanced Literacy Initiative being implemented in the district this year, the goal is to put 1 million books in all local K-5 classrooms. As leaders in the community who have a vested interest in the overall success of our local school system, we have an opportunity make a substantial impact. If we all work together, we can significantly move the needle. Please see below for details of this initiative. We hope you will join is in this important effort:
- Each school has been challenged with collecting books
- Books can be new or gently used for Beginning to Advanced Readers
- All age-appropriate topics are welcomed and encouraged
- Books may be dropped off at any school or the Savannah Area Chamber office. Businesses are also welcome to set up their own book collection box and may schedule a pick-up with the Central Office if necessary.
- Monetary donations are also welcomed and may be made to Savannah Chatham County Public School System.
For questions regarding a drop off at the Savannah Chamber, contact Drew Hunt: 912-644-6422
To schedule a pick-up with the SCCPSS Central Office contact Wendy Marshall: 912-395-1360