Published on: Apr. 17, 2020
White House Issues Guidelines to States for “Reopening” America
President Donald Trump issued guidelines to states yesterday aimed at easing social distancing restrictions and reopening parts of the country.
The guidelines include three phases but won’t begin until states have had 14 consecutive days of decreases in COVID-19 cases and have testing and hospital capacity to deal with potential coronavirus spikes.
Phase One suggests:
- Requiring vulnerable individuals to continue sheltering in place.
- Practicing physical distancing in public, avoiding socializing in groups of more than 10 people.
- Minimizing nonessential travel and continuing to encourage telework.
- Keeping shuttered schools closed.
- Prohibiting nursing home and hospital visits.
- Resuming elective surgeries on an outpatient basis.
Keeping bars closed, but allowing gyms to open under physical distancing and sanitation protocols.