Last week the White House announced the implementation of a multi-pronged, comprehensive national strategy to combat COVID-19 and emerging variants. The President’s Plan will seek to reduce the number of unvaccinated Americans by using regulatory powers and other actions to substantially increase the number of Americans covered by vaccinations.
The action plan includes:
- Requiring All Employers with 100+ Employees to Ensure their Workers are Vaccinated or Tested Weekly
- Requiring Vaccinations for all Federal Workers and for Millions of Contractors that Do Business with the Federal Government
- Requiring COVID-19 Vaccinations for Over 17 million Health Care Workers at Medicare and Medicaid Participating Hospitals and Other Health Care Settings
- Calling on Large Entertainment Venues to Require Proof of Vaccination or Testing for Entry
- Requiring Employers to Provide Paid Time Off to Get Vaccinated
As two of President Biden’s prongs call for additional testing and further vaccination, we are grateful to our members who have actively encouraged their family, community, and business to get their shots.
Last week, Gulfstream announced its partnership with the Coastal Health District to provide additional testing and booster shot capacity. These requirements, along with masking for the unvaccinated, remain our strongest resource to keep the economy’s recovery moving forward as both the President and Governor have committed to ensuring.
For more information on Path Out of the Pandemic, click here.