As a part of Federal relief efforts to mitigate the effects of COVID-19, both Chatham County and the City of Savannah are administering grants for small businesses. On Wednesday, September 14th, the County will host a Small Business Grant Program Promotional Event and Press Conference from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The event will be held at the Ralph Mark Gilbert Civil Rights Museum located at 413 West Wayne Street, Savannah. Representatives will be on hand to answer any questions. For the County, amount up to $25,000 can be awarded and within the City grants of $10,000 are available. Each government has information available on how to access the grants and the application process.
To qualify, a business must:
- Currently operate within unincorporated Chatham County or any municipality other than Savannah. (Savannah businesses should apply with the City.)
- Be current on all state, federal, and property taxes.
- Not be suspended or debarred from the use of federal funds.
- Not be a chair or franchise unless the franchise is not a subsidiary of a larger corporation, and most of the locations must be within Chatham County.
- Intend to stay in business for the next 12 months.
- Show proof of negative COVID-19 impacts.
- Have fewer than 100 employees.