The Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Savannah Morning News, celebrated the business community at the annual Business Expo and Awards Banquet at the Hilton Savannah DeSoto on Thursday, June 11.
More than 60 local businesses showcased and, for the first time, sold their products and services to attendees at the Business Expo, at which a networking reception was also held. The expo was followed by the annual Business Awards Banquet, where more than 250 Chamber members and guests were present to watch eight local business leaders receive awards for their contributions to the Savannah community.
Congratulations to the following award winners:
• Entrepreneur of the Year – EnviroVac – The Clean Company
• Environmental Excellence Award – JCB, Inc.
• Gulfstream Community Involvement Award – Enmark Stations, Inc.
• Helen V. Head, Small Business Advocate Award – Howard Morrison, co-founder of Verdant Kitchen
• Hospitality Business of the Year Award – Gaslight Group
• Manufacturer’s Safety Awards – Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
• Small Business of the Year – Tharpe Engineering Group
• World Trade Center Savannah International Business of the Year – Alcoa Forgings and Extrusions
To see more photos of the event, click here.
Event sponsors included: principal sponsors City of Savannah, Comcast Business, Creative Approach, Georgia Power, Gulfstream and World Trade Center Savannah; supporting sponsors DPR Construction, Infinity, Inc., and J.L. Williamson Law Group; and corporate sponsors Advertising Specialty Services, AT&T, Georgia Southern University College of Business, Point University and Wells Fargo.