Published on: Jun. 24, 2020
August 11 Run-Off Ballot Set
On June 19, the Chatham County Board of Elections certified the June 9 general primary election. Georgia law requires candidates to receive a majority of the votes (50% plus one vote), to avoid a runoff election. In five of the races, all on the Democratic ballot, the individual with the most votes did not meet that threshold, so there will be a primary runoff election on August 11th between the two individuals who received the most votes.
The following will be on the August 11 Chatham County Democratic primary runoff ballot:
- U.S. House of Representatives District 1, Lisa Ring received 46.01% of the votes and she will face Joyce Griggs who received 40.72% of the votes.
- In State House District 163, Anne Westbrook received 36.53% of the votes and she will face Derek Mallow who received 26.54% of the votes.
- Chatham County Commission District 2, Clinton Edminster received 36.68% of the votes and he will face Michael J. Hamilton, Sr. who received 31.59% of the votes
- County Commission District 5, Tanya Milton received 29.37% of the votes and she will face Tabitha Odell who received 26.38% of the votes.
- Chatham County Coroner, David Campbell received 36.48% of the votes and he will face J. Vernard Flowers who received 29.1% of the votes.