Savannah Area Chamber’s Jared Downs recently attended The Georgia Hub Council Legislative Luncheon at Mercer University, where the 2024 Legislative priorities were unveiled. The Hub Chamber Council heard from Georgia’s Attorney General Chris Carr, Georgia State Senate President Pro Tempore, and Georgia House of Representatives Minority Leader James Beverly.
The Hub Chamber’s working policy council is comprised of the leaders of 11 metropolitan chambers across Georgia. Each has volunteered to research and better understand issues that affect business in all regions that each chamber represents and create a common policy platform regarding these issues. The Council collaborates with regional and state development, economic and policy experts and interest groups to act as a voice to influence state policy goals and strives to do best for business in Georgia. Focus areas of the 2024 legislative session include Winning the War for Talent, Workforce Development and Housing, Future Forward Infrastructure, Fiscal Security and Defense Communities Security & Veterans Affairs.
Hub Chamber membership includes leadership from:
- Albany Area Chamber of Commerce
- Athens Area Chamber of Commerce
- Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Brunswick Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Columbus, Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Dalton Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Macon Chamber of Commerce
- Rome-Floyd Chamber of Commerce
- Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce
- Robins Regional Chamber of Commerce