First Impression Specialist at I-95 Welcome Center
Title: First Impression Specialist at I-95
Reports to: Mava Byrd, Director of Visitor Information Centers
Send Resumes to: MByrd@VisitSavannah.com (no phone calls please)
Overview of Position:
The Visitor Information Center seeks an outgoing person, who loves meeting people and sharing their love of Savannah and Tybee, to work weekends at the I-95 State Welcome Center from 10 to 5 representing Visit Savannah.
- Assists visitors with questions and directions.
- Keeps a record of how many visitors are assisted from each state.
- Checks and restocks Savannah and Tybee Insider Guides as well as maps.
- Keeps current with any special events that are taking place in Savannah and Tybee.
- Attends periodic staff meetings.
- Assists with taking pictures of visitors in the photo area.
- Takes pictures and gets information about interesting visitors for inclusion in the newsletter.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of Savannah and Tybee.
- Must be able to give directions to others.
- Must have a smart phone to access information not readily available in our visitor guides.
- Must be responsible and dependable.
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances, and priorities.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with state staff as well as Visit Savannah staff.
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.