Video Content Producer
Title: Video Content Producer
Reports to: Director of Content Marketing
Overview of Position:
The Video Content Producer is a highly creative individual with a strong background in videography, editing and storytelling. They will be responsible for executing video content for all brands including Visit Savannah, Visit Tybee Island, Savannah Meetings & Conventions, Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce and the Savannah Sports Council. A vital part of this role will be working with the content team, as well as the greater Marketing & Communications department to influence and help make projects come to life from both a conceptual and executional standpoint.
- This is a creative role that is responsible for storyboarding, creating, editing and executing original short & long-form video content.
- Independently produce and shoot high-quality video content for digital platforms, primarily YouTube.
Identify search keywords and storyboard video content to tell an authentic Savannah story.
- Together with the director of content marketing, make production decisions that affect overall project budget and schedule.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in cinematography, lighting, camera operation, sound recording and video editing.
- Understanding of what makes content – everything from live action to motion graphics – engaging and successful across channels and audiences.
- Coordinate all scheduling and outreach for stakeholders and partners for interviews/shoots.
- Contribute original ideas in a group setting about storytelling techniques that can influence the way we develop our content across brand channels and drive our business objectives.
- Works closely and collaboratively with other members of the internal marketing team to produce videos that will assist in public relations, communications, branding and marketing of Savannah, Tybee Island and our subsequent brands.
- Optimize video content for specific channel needs and execute SEO best practices.
- Manage YouTube channels, visitor center video initiatives and online digital asset database.
- Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements. Engage internal content partners to ensure the best creation, sharing and distribution of video content.
- Oversees external video projects in partnership with third party vendors.
- Researches and assesses new video methods and technology to make recommendations for new equipment, modifications, or process enhancements as appropriate.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in videography or similar field
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in related field experience
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to set and meet multiple deadlines
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Photography skills are a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position requires occasional domestic and international business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Please send resume to Pamela Knowles (PKnowles@VisitSavannah.com) and include YouTube links to video content shot and edited by the applicant. No calls please.
Updated as of: 3/22/2023