Title: Housing Coordinator
Reports to: Destination Service Manager, Executive Vice President/Sales & Services
Send Resumes to: SMuehlher@VisitSavannah.com (no phone calls please)
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating the Housing Services offered by Visit Savannah to groups using two or more hotels. Additionally, the position offers support to the Destination Service Manager, directing all operations and programs required for servicing meetings, conventions, customer visits, and FAM trips. This position will develop strong business relationships with meeting planners, local hotel reservation managers, and coworkers and work to determine servicing requirements and other support needed by the host organization for a successful conference, convention, or sporting event.
- Primary Functions
- Manages our housing system through Passkey or other housing software.
- Maintain a calendar of city-wide events and update which will be using Passkey and which will use another means of reservation tracking for the department.
- Blocks the appropriate rooms, types of rooms, and various sub-blocks contracted between the hotel and host organization. Communicates and reports progress on a defined schedule while the system is “open”. Identifies potential challenges in a proactive manner to maximize the length of stay.
- Answer the Passkey housing reservation phone line providing support and local knowledge.
- Keeps accurate notes and records in Simpleview (CRM).
- Attends pre-cons and post-event meetings with client planner, hotelier’s staff.
- Documents hotels pick up reports and issues invoices to the hotels for payment of approximately 1% of the group room revenue for each citywide.
- Post-event recap and audits.
- Establishes contact with convention and meeting planners who are scheduled to bring groups into the area and to offer them housing and other bureau services. Helps planners stay on schedule with release dates and deadlines for other services.
- Supports and assists the Destination Service Manager
- Networking and Communications
- Maintains positive working relationships with local service providers.
- Maintains industry memberships and participates in relevant industry organizations that can improve and enhance his/her skills.
- Maintains an active, positive, and professional social media presence that promotes the destination and never reflects poorly on the Savannah Chamber of Commerce or Visit Savannah.
- Excellent communication, management, and organization skills.
- Reports city-wide housing pick-up recaps within the CRM system immediately following each convention.
- Process invoices for all orders done within the destination services budget.
- Organizational Commitment
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with all other personnel to successfully accomplish Visit Savannah and Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce goals.
- Participates in ongoing high-quality improvement efforts and client satisfaction efforts.
- Demonstrates high standards in service through all interactions with customers and staff.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service, hotel front desk or hotel reservations.
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent communication, management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), account management software, and the Internet.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and implement change based on changing market conditions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to drive and transport self and others.
- Ability to travel via airplane.
- Regular attendance and being on time are required.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take directions, and provide direction to others.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances, and priorities.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position requires occasional domestic business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Office: 90-95%, Outside Office: 5-10%, Travel: less than 5%, Evenings, weekends and overtime as required.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.