Marketing Research Coordinator
Title: Marketing Research Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Data Intelligence
Overview of Position:
As part of the marketing team, the Research Coordinator develops and implements market research required by Visit Savannah to reach its goals and to fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for Savannah and Tybee Island. This individual also interprets and presents industry insights internally and externally and designs and manages research projects for all departments within Visit Savannah, including the Visit Tybee, Savannah Sports Council, Meetings and Conventions and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Work in collaboration with the VP, Marketing and Communications and the Director, Marketing & Data Intelligence to design, develop and manage a dynamic marketing research program.
- Maintain library of primary and secondary research on tourism, meetings and hospitality in Savannah.
- Collaborate with the Director, Marketing & Data Intelligence and other members of the advertising team to apply research findings to advertising and brand strategy and identify trends in advertising and uses reporting tools to optimize advertising buys.
- Identify opportunities for strategic research, manage projects with external vendors and seek out and analyze new sources to determine appropriate usage internally and externally.
- Oversee research program to impact strategy for the sales team, looking holistically at bookings and highlighting trends and opportunities.
- Provide insights to the communications team, conducting analysis and identifying messaging around visitation data, economic impact from large events and other timely questions for pitching major events and data releases.
- Use research to effectively increase public and internal understanding of key tourism and convention market trends, issues, opportunities and challenges; provide written reports and make recommendations on research outcomes to staff and management.
- Project manage return on investment study for marketing and advertising spend, integrate findings from the study into future advertising.
- Analyze weekly and monthly STR results.
- Develop content for board meetings, ensuring the importance and prioritization of research.
- Develop industry network contacts to share resources, information, ideas and experience.
- Attend industry meetings and conferences.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in marketing research, statistics, mathematics, psychology, sociology, demography, another social science or a related field.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the relationship between the big picture and the fine details.
- Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, Excel (spreadsheets and complex calculations, pivot tables), online survey software such as SurveyMonkey, graphics and database management software.
- Proven ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Experience in writing surveys and creating market research reports.
- 1-2 years experience in marketing research or other quantitative analytical experience a plus.
- Travel industry experience a plus.
- Experience in presenting data to audiences of various sizes, including Board members, VPs and external audiences a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position may require occasional domestic and/or international business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to: DGeeslin@VisitSavannah.com. No phone calls please.
Updated as of 4/22/22