Junior Graphic Designer
Title: Junior Graphic Designer (Temp-Seasonal)
Reports to: Senior Graphic Designer
Please send your resume and any example work to: Mayra Smith, Creative Services Director at MSmith@VisitSavannah.com (No phone calls please).
Overview of Position:
Seeking a creative and detail-oriented Junior Graphic Designer to support our Senior Graphic Designer in the production of marketing and sales materials. This can include digital and printed signage, email and social graphics, and more. The Junior Graphic Designer will also ensure all work meets our brand guidelines and delivers on the communication priories set for each project.
Expected weekly commitment: 10-15 hours, depending on workload.
Brands supported: Visit Savannah, Visit Tybee Island, Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Savannah Sports Council.
- Design advertisements, event graphics, and collateral materials for the organization.
- Utilize project management database (Basecamp) to keep projects organized, maintain accountability with team members, and meet deadlines.
- Maintain organized files from previous projects for reference and future use.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the organization to support its evolving needs and goals.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design (or currently working toward).
- Some work experience in the graphic design field is preferred, but entry level and student candidates will be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of file types and pre-press requirements.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and be organized, detail-oriented and proactive.
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaboration with various teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) principles and fostering an inclusive work environment, promoting diversity, and implementing initiatives that support DEI goals.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
About Visit Savannah:
Visit Savannah is the official destination marketing organization (DMO) for the beautiful city of Savannah, Georgia. Our mission is to promote Savannah as a premier travel destination, welcoming visitors from around the world to experience the unique charm, history, culture, and hospitality that our city has to offer. We work closely with local businesses, government agencies, and tourism stakeholders to drive economic growth and ensure that Savannah remains a top travel destination.