All of Chatham County thrives on substantial sales tax revenues. The Special Purpose Local Option Tax (one penny) and the Educational Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (one penny) funds massive capital improvement projects such as roads, drainage projects, detention center expansion, new civic center construction and new schools.
For more information about these projects and their associated timelines, please click on www.savannahga.gov, www.chathamcounty.org, and www.savannahchathampublicschools.gov and navigate to the appropriate sites.
- Monitor and report on every project.
- Encourage other groups’ promotion of projects value and importance.
- Grow meaningful participation by minority and local businesses.
- Coordinate minority business certification among City, County and School System.
- Evaluate assistance of GMSDC (Georgia Minority Supplier and Development Council).
- Advocate and Monitor “Paid For By SPLOST/ESPLOST” signage at every project site.
SPLOST / ESPLOST
- Utilizing the Government Affairs Council, develop State Legislative Agendas that represent the Savannah Area business community needs.
- Conduct lobbing events and visits as necessary, including Savannah/Chatham Day in Atlanta and the Washington Mission
PAC (Savannah Area Business Political Action Committee)
- Assure funding and volunteer leadership involvement to engage in City, County, School and State races as necessary, assuring business interests are represented in public offices