The Chamber work very close to our local elected officials and key staff. Please see below for a listing of some of the key local issues that the Chamber is currently working on:
- Project DeRenne: Follow this important City of Savannah infrastructure project from the ‘study’ stage to the engineering and implementation stage.
- Focus on Regionalism.
- Work with state elected officials as state-wide transportation funding solutions are considered and implemented.
- I-16/I-95 Lighting: Develop funding support to better light and make the intersection safer.
- Support SEDA and the new four county authority partnership to support major projects in our region.
- Work with the City of Savannah during the upcoming parking study.
- Evaluate broader use of credit or transportation payment cards at meters.
- Work with the Housing Authority of Savannah to improve the quality, availability and affordability of assisted housing
- Assist Director with Board development
- Continue down town master plan involvement to assure affordable, yet safe and quality housing remains available
- Work though needed areas of refinement to assure the continued success of the Police Merger
- Develop a Public Safety Compact with agreed upon safety measurements coupled with specific areas of business community support
- Monitor CNT management and leadership to assure the most effective structure for the community.
- Work to install cameras in high-crime areas and through the Squares as soon as possible. Phase II, augment lighting as necessary.
Inspections and Permitting:
- Continue refinement of City processes and engage in new site location evaluation to assure accessibility. In association with SEDA
- Monitor staffing and retention/vacancies to assure personnel adequate to meet demand
- Act as the liaison between Chamber members and city staff to assist in inspection and permitting.